Fall has officially arrived. The days are getting cooler, leaves are changing color, and boots are coming out of the closets. That’s right! It’s that time of year again – it’s Boot Season!
What? Boot Season? Absolutely! Fall weather and boots are a match made for walking, and once again, this Fall’s hottest fashion trends include boots. What kinds of boots? Well, what type of boot do you like? It seems that practically any boot style is in style. Though as always with fashion, there are a few select styles that lead the path this season.
What’s the Hottest Boot Styles this Fall?
Want to put your best fashioned foot forward? Then be on the cutting edge of “boot-style” this season with these five “hot this Fall” boots:
- Biker Boots – Add a little biker chic to your fall outings. Go “uber-biker-chic” if you are more daring, or tone it down with a more “citified” biker boot. Either way, biker boots complement many outfit styles, from adding a bit of “edginess” to a classic outfit to complimenting that “full-on” leather look.
- Wedge Boots – Need a lift? Get a wedge boot. Whether you are short or tall, or in-between, wedge boots are an easy way to add a stylish lift to your fashion palette. Pair a wedge shorty boot with boot-cut jeans, or go for a tall wedge with leggings and a tunic. You’ll stand tall no matter your height with a pair of wedge boots!
- Riding Boots – These boots aren’t just for riding horses. They also make a great statement riding the elevator to work or the local mall’s escalators! A classic, oh-so-versatile riding boot should be in everyone’s closet. They can be worn with leggings, skirts, skinny jeans, dresses too. So many outfits – not enough riding boots!
- Over-The-Knee Boots – A fun, sassy way to dress up that dress or extend the season for that favorite skirt. Tip – Pair an over-the-knee boot with a skirt or dress that skims the top of the boot and you will have a classy sassy outfit on those cooler fall days.
- Chunky Heel Boots – Great with jeans, great with leggings. Just all around great. Chunky heeled boots are one of this year’s hottest boot trend, and quite possibly the one boot purchase you might want to consider if you don’t already have a pair.
Now that’s some of the best heeled boot ideas around!
Let’s Go Boot Shopping!
And where to find your very own new boots without breaking the bank? Whether shopping online or shopping at your local shoe store, be sure to check around for the best prices before you invest in a pair of boots. Here’s eight of my favorite websites and stores to find those latest boot trends at prices that will have you stepping out in style in no time!
Five Online-Only Retailers
Sierra Trading Post – A great place to shop for so many items, including boots, of course! Don’t forget to get the latest coupon before you buy. Today’s coupon is 25% off and free shipping. Tomorrow is sure to bring another coupon. That’s the beauty of Sierra Trading Post – there’s always a coupon! To learn more about Sierra Trading Post, read Get Great Deals at Sierra Trading Post.
6pm.com – No coupon codes here, but that’s ok. These prices are already pretty fab! That’s the 6pm.com motto – great brands at discounted prices. The good people at 6pm.com have thrown in an extra – how does free shipping sound? To learn more about 6pm, read 6pm.com: Shoes and A Whole Lot More.
ShoeBuy.com – Gotta have the newest boot on the market? Check out ShoeBuy’s boot selection, then check out with Promo Code Fall12 and get 20% off your purchase and free shipping. Though not every shoe is discounted as at 6pm.com or Sierra Trading Post, that extra 20% helps shave a bit off that just released to the market, gotta have it, boot.
Overstock.com – They aren’t just home goods! Overstock also has a pretty decent selection of fashion-foward boots offered up at classic Overstock pricing – steeply discounted! And shipping for only $2.95. To learn more about Overstock.com, read Overstock.com: 5 Reasons to Become an “O-Fan.”
Endless.com /Amazon.com – Quick note for Endless.com shoe-shoppers: On September 27, Endless will become part of Amazon.com/Fashion, and a full member of the Amazon family. Either way you shop, though, don’t forget to use Coupon Code 2012Fall at checkout for up to $50 discount off eligible boot purchases.
Three Online and Brick & Mortar Retailers
Macy’s – How does an extra 20% off sound? Use Promo Code SAVE this weekend to receive 15-20% off and free shipping on most of your Macy’s purchases – including those oh-so-stylish boots you know you want! Macy’s coupon offers are always changing so check out coupon sites such as RetailMeNot or Mr.Rebates for the latest offers.
Kohls – Shop online, shop in store. No matter where you shop, there’s a Kohl’s deal to be had. Shopping online? $0.99 shipping on every item – and free shipping once you spend $50 or more. But why stop there! Search online and you are sure to find Promo Codes to take that price even lower. Kohl’s coupon offers are always changing so check out coupon sites such as RetailMeNot or Mr.Rebates for the latest coupons.
DSW – Find boot styles sure to please everyone, and nearly everything sold at less that retail! Are you a DSW Rewards member? Then get even more back now through Sept. 30 with their Double Points coupon. DSW Rewards members also get free shipping on orders over $35. Not a member? No biggie – it’s free to join the DSW club.
The bottom line – determine the boot style that best fits your life. Then hit the pavement – or the keyboard – and purchase that boot for less! And don’t forget to click through Mr. Rebates for any online purchases and earn even more cash back!
What’s your favorite boot style? How many pairs of boots do you own? Will you buy a pair of boots this fall? Share your own boot style in the Comments section below.
Learn more about Retail Me Not at Please Retail Me Not!
Learn more about Mr. Rebates at Save More With Mr. Rebates.
Images from: Kohls.com, Amazon.com, and DSW.com