Have someone special you want to surprise this Valentine’s Day? Don’t want to give the “standard” gift of flowers and chocolate? Here’s 5 gift ideas for all budgets to add pizzazz and sparks to your gift giving plans!
1. Cozy Wine and Dine: Who doesn’t love a fabulous home cooked meal with their loved ones? Channel your “inner-gourmet” with a glam new recipe and a bottle of wine to go with it. Where to find that recipe and wine? Try these sites:
- Gilt Taste: Find tasty recipes ready to cook as well as tips on preparation and food items to purchase at Gilt Taste. Be sure to check out the gourmet food deals to compliment your menu. A boon for the foodie in you. A mouthful of happiness for your someone special!
- Gilt Wine: Find a wine that best compliments your gourmet meal with Gilt Taste’s weekly wine deals. Make your oenophile’s taste buds happy.
- WinesTilSoldOut: Follow your home cooked meal with a special bottle of wine. And why not get that wine at a steal! If you don’t have a discount wine store nearby, there’s plenty of tasty wine deals here.
2. A Night on The Town: Don’t want to channel your inner chef? Why not try out a fab new restaurant without breaking the bank? Valentine’s Day is one of the busiest nights for restaurants, so if you are planning an evening on the town, make sure you plan ahead with reservations. However, if crowds aren’t your pleasure, why not celebrate another night? Consider an early Valentine’s Day dinner on Monday. Or perhaps a nightclub the following Saturday. These websites offer daily delectable deals perfect for your night out. Sign up and have the latest offers delivered straight to your e-mail:
- Groupon Deals: Find yourself eating up a great deal at a Zagat rated gastronomically delightful restaurant special discovered at Groupon.
- Gilt City: Dance the night away with specials of all kinds and make it a night on the town to remember thanks to a Gilt City special.
3. Baubles and Trinkets: Looking for a “gift from the heart” for your Valentine’s Day sweetheart? Perhaps a hand-crafted necklace is the answer for a special woman in your life. And for that special man, here’s a few ideas too!
- Gilt Gifts for Women: Finding the right necklace can be a bit overwhelming. Why not let Gilt guide you to the perfect piece, and save enough to also get those matching earrings!
- Gilt Gifts for Men: Find a sweet Valentine’s gift for that sweet man with Gilt Men’s gift guide.
- Etsy: Want a gift as unique as your someone special? Etsy might just have it! Let Etsy’s artists and crafters’s Valentine’s Day Gift guide find you the perfect “something special.”
- RetailMeNot Idea List: Stumped for ideas? Then why not let RetailMeNot be your guide. RetailMeNot has compiled an extensive list of shopping ideas in a variety of categories, all at bargain prices! You gotta love that deal!
- Gifting Grace: Still not sure what to get? Perhaps Gifting Grace’s Valentine’s Day gift guide will have the answer. Be sure to check for coupons with RetailMeNot! Right now, use GG25D to can get 25% off a $100 purchase.
4. Framed Memories: A gift that keeps on showing the love! Favorite photos can become great budget conscious gifts. Create a custom 2012 calendar, photo album or coffee mug that shows your love for months and years to come. Simply upload your photos to one of the several online digital photoshops and let them help you create a truly custom gift. Sites such as Shutterfly make it easy.
- Shutterfly: Act fast to take advantage of Shutterfly’s current sale on “all gifts photo” and to ensure an on time delivery. Don’t forget coupon code SHIP30 for free shipping and Mr. Rebates for an additional 5% cash back rebate!
- Target Photo: Need a last minute photo gift? Upload your photo to Shutterfly, and then with the “Print Local” feature, have your photos printed at Target that same day. Then drive on over, pick up your photo, and head over to Target’s Home Goods section for the perfect picture frame. Shazaam! A great last minute gift. Don’t forget to print your applicable Target Photo Coupon for additional savings.
5. Weekend Getaway: How about a romantic escape to reconnect with your special someone? Valentine’s Day is on a Tuesday, not a weekend this year, but that’s ok! Gift a weekend getaway in a Valentine’s Day card, and escape the following weekend. Several sites offer great deals to satisfy most tastes and budgets from romantic to adventurous, fireside charm to waterside wonders:
- Groupon Getaways: From coast to coast, and overseas too, find vacation bargains for as much as 50% off at Groupon GetAways. Escape with a $129 special for a $258 Bed & Breakfast in the Colorado San Juan Mountains, or a fab $129 price for a $218 beachfront hotel in Fort Myers FLA.
- Hotels.com: A great source for hotels near and far! Follow the Deal-of-the-Day and you might just score as much as 50% off a chic downtown escape. Use coupon code REBATES12 for additional savings of between $20 – $100 on any Hotels.com booking right now.
- Jetsetter: Looking for just a little bit “more” in your weekend getaway? Jetsetter has quite a selection of sweet escape deals to choose from!
- Budget Travel: Just not sure what to do? Budget Travel has lots of great ideas that are the “Real Deals” at at these prices.
Just remember: if you are ordering items online, don’t wait until the last minute. They might not arrive in time for your special day! Also don’t forget to check RetailMeNot for new coupon codes and Mr. Rebates for additional rebates before you complete any online purchase.
Want to learn more about Gilt, RetailMeNot, Groupon or Mr.Rebates? Check out these prior blog posts for full details:
- Is Gilt Your Guilty Shopping Pleasure
- Please RetailMeNot Me Not!
- Are You a Groupon Groupie?
- Save More With Mr. Rebates
Do you plan to do anything special for Valentine’s Day? What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day gift idea? Let us know in the Comments Section below.