Are you a window shopper, taking note of products you want to purchase later? Do you need a little shopping advice? Starting a shopping list for an upcoming big event? Perhaps you are an “early-bird” Holiday shopper and want to get a jump on that Holiday gift shopping list. ShopAdvisor can help with all this.
What is ShopAdvisor?
To quote ShopAdvisor’s website – “ShopAdvisor is a deferred purchasing experience for the web, smartphones, and tablets. ShopAdvisor embraces natural shopping behaviors in which consumers first discover a product but may deliberate for days or weeks before they make a purchase.”
Huh? In plain English – ShopAdvisor is a website and a smart device mobile application designed to assist you in purchasing items more wisely and frugally. It can help you find the products you are shopping for, provide helpful purchasing advice, and alert you when a price meets your budget. And it’s free!
What can ShopAdvisor do for you?
Consumers love to window shop! Many of us will find “it” while browsing online or at local stores, only to wait before purchasing “it.” Why do we wait? There are many reasons. We wait until the price drops. We wait until we have the money. We wait until that “special event” is finally arrived. Sometimes we even wait to ask advice from a friend. Sometimes we might forget about “it” only to miss out on a a big sale. That’s where ShopAdvisor can help.
Here are three shopping scenarios where ShopAdvisor can help ensure you purchase the product you want, when you want it, and at the price you want to pay.
1. Shopping for a specific item, but just don’t know which brand, or what features best fit your needs? ShopAdvisor provides advice on products you want to buy.
2. Already know exactly what you want, but want a better price before you purchase it? Using ShopAdvisor, create watchlists and set price alerts for specific products you want to purchase.
3. Found something today that you want to purchase at a later date? Add that item to a ShopAdvisor watchlist, and then ShopAdvisor will send you a reminder at the date you set for the item you want to buy.
But enough said – this video better explains how ShopAdvisor can assist you to shop more efficiently.
A Summary of ShopAdvisor Features and Benefits
You tell ShopAdvisor the product you want, and ShopAdvisor does the rest. ShopAdvisor can be used for all of the following:
- Search product details and pricing.
- Search for specific products by typing in keywords.
- Browse ShopAdvisor’s recommendations and product categories.
- Create shopping lists and watchlists.
- Set alerts for price drops.
- Set reminder alerts for items you want to purchase later.
The Built-in Barcode Scanner – A Handy Interactive Tool
ShopAdvisor’s mobile application also comes with it’s very own barcode scanner. Easy to use, easy to add items to watchlists while on-the-go. The ShopAdvisor barcode scanner can:
- Scan products for details and pricing.
- Locate scanned items online as well as in local stores.
- Add scanned items to your ShopAdvisor watchlists.
- Tell you who is having a sale on the scanned item.
ShopAdvisor On-The-Go – A Most Useful App
ShopAdvisor’s ability for finding on-the-go product information is oh-so-handy. With the built-in bar code scanner, it is very easy to learn what you need to know about a product while out and about in your daily adventures. In a few short steps you can:
1. Search and find a product.
2. Scan and add the product to your ShopAdvisor watchlist.
3. Set and get pricing alerts and product purchase reminders.
ShopAdvisor is available as both an iPhone and and iPad application, as well as for Android devices.
Equally as Useful At Home in Your Pajamas!
Some people have late-night munchies, some people have late-night web-shopping. Either way, those great “on-the-go” ShopAdvisor features are also accessible to anyone who has either a laptop or desktop computer. Well, except for the build-in bar code scanner. Simply use the ShopAdvisor’s web-based application to create and track watchlists and set alerts much like you would with the mobile application.
So whether on-the-go or just hanging out in your pajamas at your desktop, ShopAdvisor has you covered.
Got a Gift-Shopping List?
Create a ShopAdvisor watchlist for the items on your list! ShopAdvisor is especially helpful for anyone who has a shopping list such as for a birthday, party planning, back to school supplies, and even that Holiday shopping list. Hey, it’s less than 115 shopping days until Christmas, you know!
Do you use Evernote?
ShopAdvisor is a great partner! For example, say you have a gift list in Evernote. ShopAdvisor can create a watchlist from the Evernote list, analyze that watchlist, and even search the Web for matching products. It then sends you information about where you might find these items, whether online or at a local brick and mortar store. Especially handy with the largest shopping season not that far off, huh! Quite possibly a gift-buying match made in heaven!
Want to learn more about the Evernote + ShopAdvisor connection?Here’s a tutorial video about this “match made in techno-heaven.”
What do you think of ShopAdvisor? Do you think it is a helpful shopper’s tool? Give us your feedback in the Comments section below.
Do you already use ShopAdvisor? If so, let us know your thoughts and experiences in the Comments section below.
Images from ShopAdvisor.com