Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Whether she’s your mom, your best friend’s mom, or your mother-in-law, if she’s a grandmother, a foster mother or a new mother, she deserves a break on Mother’s Day. Because, yes, moms really do rock!
So what do moms want for Mothers Day? That, my friend, is a tough question to answer. Every mom is unique, special in her own way. To help you out in your own quest for that perfect Mother’s Day gift, here are my five favorite gift ideas. Perhaps you’ll find just the right gift for your favorite mom.
Frame Some Home-Made Lovin’
Frame a “made just for mom” custom art project from the kids. It’s easy to do, and the kids will have fun making something special for Mom. All you need is construction paper, washable paint and a paint brush, crayons, markers, or colored pencils, and perhaps a glue stick or two. Here’s a few artwork ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Tiny Hand Prints – Paint your kids’ hands, then have them press down on the construction paper. Now add their names and ages and your masterpiece is done.
- Creative Finger Paint Art – Let them loose with the finger paints, and see what transpires. Have them sign their names too!
- Framed Hearts of Love – Show Mom how much the kids “heart” her. Finish that heartfelt design with a special saying just for mom.
Now frame that masterpiece! Then wrap it up and you’ll have have a gift Mom will cherish for years to come. I still have my tiny handprints hanging on the wall.
Picture frames are available just about every where, and for any budget. Need frame inspiration? Check out these Lil Davinci Art Frames from Dynamic Fames. A bit on the pricey side, but perfect for framing artwork. And considering the artwork was free, splurge on the frame!
Gift Her With “Honey I’ll Do That” Coupons
I don’t know about you, but nothing says love more than a spouse or significant other who takes charge of your most dreaded chores. Whether it’s washing the dishes or washing the clothes, making dinner or making school lunches, cutting the grass or weeding the yard, offering to take over for Mom will be a big hit. Let her know how much she’s cherished and do her most dreaded chore for the day, maybe even the week. We’d really like that.
Here’s another idea. Print your very own Mother’s Day coupon book. Include coupons from every one in the family. Fill it with coupons to wash her car, vacuum the house, or weed the garden. Or, do one better – hire a maid service for the whole month of May! Now that’s something I want.
Breakfast in Bed – It’s A Classic!
There’s a reason breakfast in bed is a classic. That’s because it works! Let her sleep in while you and the kids create tasty delights sure to fill her stomach and warm her heart.
Need menu inspiration? Check out these mouth-watering ideas.
- Reader’s Digest – Top 10 Delicious Mother’s Day Breakfast Recipes
- Taste Of Home – Breakfast Recipes for Mother’s Day
- AllRecipes – Mother’s Day Recipes
Don’t forget to involve the kids. So what if that pancake isn’t perfectly round or the fruit kabob has all grapes. Food tray ready? Add flowers or perhaps that awesome framed artwork the kids created, and you are good to go!
Skip breakfast in and take her out to a champagne brunch. It’s a great option for families with older kids and for adults treating Mom to a special day. Not sure where to find a Mother’s Day Brunch in your area? Google “Mother’s Day Brunch” and you are bound to find several. Just make sure and book reservations early. Mother’s Day brunches are very popular and can fill up fast.
Be creative. Make that Mother’s Day brunch even more special with a unique setting. Here’ several inspirational brunches to get you thinking outside the box – or restaurant in this case! The Chicago Zoological Society’s Mother’s Day Brunch looks awesome. So does the Latin Jazz Mother’s Day Brunch in Ontario, CA. Or how about a Mother’s Day Brunch Cruise on board the M/S Mount Washington, Lake Winnepesaukee, New Hampshire?
A Pampered Mom Gift Basket
Mother’s Day is all about pampering Mom, letting her know how special she is, how much you appreciate everything she does. Don’t just tell, her, show her! Create a one of a kind gift basket that’s as unique and special as she is. Pick Mom’s favorite hobby, or a favorite pampered activity, then fill a basket with items that show your appreciation.
Need inspiration? Here’s several creatively fun gift basket ideas for Mom.
- The I Love Spas Mom – Nothing says pampering more than a gift basket filled with spa items! Top the basket off with a gift certificate for a massage, facial, or a manicure/pedicure. Use SpaFinder to find a spa near you.
- The Green Thumb Mom – Create a basket filled with new garden gloves and garden tools. Enlist the kids. Have them choose a flowering shrub or perennial to include with the basket. It’ll make her garden ever so special.
- The Foodie Mom – Whether it’s chocolate, fruit, candy, or all three, a gift basket filled with her favorite food items is sure to be a hit. Add a special touch with a framed picture of the family.
- The Tea Drinking Mom – Create a Tea for Two basket with several gourmet teas and two tea mugs. Complete her basket with a special message written by the kids.
No time? Need some help creating your gift basket? Check out the wide variety of Mother’s Day gift basket ideas from Gourmet Gift Baskets.
Sending Love Far-Away?
Your favorite mom miles away? Send her a gift card to a favorite store. Have a box of yummy chocolates or other sweets delivered to her doorstep. Get the kids or grandkids together and create a special video card. Don’t forget the ideas already listed here. Each one can easily be packed up and sent to that favorite long-distance Mom.
See? It doesn’t have to take a lot of money to show Mom how much she’s loved and appreciated.
What’s been your favorite Mother’s Day gift, either to give, or to receive? Let us know in the Comments section below.
Photos from weegallery.com, DynamicFrames.com, HomeMadeGiftsMadeEasy.com, BrookfieldZoo.com, Mando&ManderinSpa, mothernaturebeauty via Flickr, and planetbeach.com