Turkey Day has arrived. Where are you today? Cooking a feast for many? Spending the afternoon at a relative’s home? Parking yourself in front of the TV to watch endless football? No matter where you are, make it a great day!
My Five Favorite Thanksgiving Day Traditions
5. Football! Well, ok, not exactly mine, but it means everyone else is occupied and I can finally relax by the fire. With a glass of wine in hand. Ahhhhh. Though if the Packers are playing, I’ll keep tabs on the game. Yep, I’m a closet cheese-head.
4. Hot apple pie. With a nice buttery-flaky crust on top. Lots of cinnamon in the filling. I’ll skip the ice cream though.
3. Turkey drumsticks. With the skin on, of course! Basted with turkey drippings and lots of yummy spices. Hmmmm, I can smell that turkey from here!
2. Leftovers! Especially the stuffing and sweet potato casserole. Oh, and the green bean casserole too. Yes, turkey and pie are good, but when it comes to seconds, and even third helpings (next day of course) I always reach for these two comfort foods.
But my number one Thanksgiving tradition …
1. Spending time with my family.
That’s where I am right now! On vacation and spending not just Thanksgiving, but a whole week with my family. Yes, there is technology here, and yes, I can check in. But I don’t plan to very much. Gotta enjoy this precious time as the kids are growing up so fast!
(My youngest is a Lego fanatic. This photo is for him!)
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving Day tradition? Share in the Comments section below.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!
Images: Football photo from NFL.com. Apple pie and turkey images from Wikipedia. Leftovers image from Perosha. Lego image from floodllama.