Happy New Year!
Who doesn’t love ringing in the New Year with a fresh outlook for the year ahead? I know I do! The first of the year is also the perfect time to re-evaluate your yearly travel goals. That’s what I’ve been up to this New Years weekend, as well as seeking inspiration for my own family’s 2017 travel goals. Will it be the emerald green island of Ireland? Maybe a return visit to England, with its plethora of historical sites? What about exotic Hawaii, with swaying palm trees, warm breezes, and brilliant blue ocean waters? Or maybe a more budget friendly U.S. national parks vacation? What to do? Where to go? I just don’t know!
For the first time in several years, I am ringing in the New Year without a single travel destination booked and no specific travel plans in place for the year ahead. How did this happen? Life happens! It’s not for lack of destination options nor the desire to travel. And it’s certainly not for lack of having detailed travel itineraries in my head. It’s just that life sometimes sidetracks even the best intentions, like finalizing my 2017 travel goals!
Ring in The New Year With Travel Goals
I may not have yet decided upon a destination nor picked an itinerary, but one thing I do know. Travel hacks will most certainly play a part in my travel plans! So while I continue debating over our 2017 travel goals, I thought I’d share with you this awesome infographic filled with travel hacks I use often, and a few travel hacks I hadn’t thought of.
My favorite five hacks from this list are:
- Pack Less – My goal is to pack our family into one carry-on bag each, no matter how long the trip is. Last year we completed a two week trip in Italy in carry-on bags.
- Bring A Hoodie – No matter the temperature of our final destination, a hoodie is mandatory. Think cold airplanes, air conditioning, and impromptu pillows.
- Depart on A Tuesday or Wednesday – Though don’t overlook those first flights out on Saturday mornings! I’ve found some decent airfare deals on these early am flights, and airports tend to be less crowded.
- Smart Sandwich Bag – I always throw several zip-lock baggies into my carry-on bag. You never know when they will come in handy!
- Eat Like A Local – How better to get to know your destination than to partake in the local culinary scene? And it might just cost less than eating in those touristy places.
Three hacks that are new to me?
- Go Veggie on The Flight – Wow! Who knew these meals tend to be more fresh?
- Fragile Tag on Bag – Another hack I hadn’t though of. Maybe because I rarely check bags.
- Pack Necklaces in Drinking Straws – I have got to do this the next time I travel!
So go on! Kick off the New Year with your own inspired travel goals! Incorporate these 21 travel hacks that are sure to help deliver a better vacation. Where will this year take you?
This infographic is courtesy of Visualistan.
Wishing You A Happy New Year & Happy Travels!
Though we have yet to finalize our 2017 travel goals, I am excited to see where this year will find us. Rest assured, whether it’s a budget friendly national park destination or another grand European adventure, we will be off exploring somewhere in 2017!
How about you? Do you have your 2017 travel goals already established? Do you know exactly when and where you are off to? Or are you like me, and still in the throes of destination decisions? Do share! I’d love to hear about your own travel goals for 2017.