Have you ever thought about the benefits of travel? Contemplated whether travel was good for your physical and mental well being? How travel actually might be good for you in ways you’ve never thought?
No? That’s ok, neither had I! Until I read this recent infographic detailing the 16 the reasons why travel is good for you. These 16 reasons may just have you thinking about travel in a whole new light.
My Favorite Reasons Why Travel Is Good For You
Whether traveling to far away places, or just around the corner, experiencing something new or relaxing somewhere familiar, it turns out travel really is good for you, and in ways you might not thought of before! Everyone has their own favorite reasons why they think travel is good for them. Here’s mine.
1. Reduces Stress Levels – 89% of people feel significant drops in stress levels after one to two days of traveling. That’s because for most people, traveling decreases the amount of cortisol, the stress hormone, in the body. Less cortisol equals less stress. And that’s exaclty what I need after months of the daily rigors of home, work and kids.
2. Encourages Family Bonding – 80% of travelers believe the most impactful trips are those spend with family and friends. I agree! Our family vacations are something we all look forward to, and the experiences we share along the way are remembered long after the trip is over.
3. Engages The Kids – 53% of youths believe vacationing brings the family closer together. Yep! By including my kids in nearly all aspects of a pending vacation, from destination choices to activities to dinner plans, they develop a vested interest in our vacation before we head out the door. Engaged kids means fun, family vacation time.
4. Fosters An Appreciation For Life – 86% of people who travel say they have a positive outlook on life. We travel with our children, and these travel experiences have opened their eyes to a big world around them. It also fosters a deeper appreciation of their own family!
5. Keeps The Relationship Fresh – 63% of couples believe traveling helps them stay together longer. Nothing like putting aside the daily grind for some together time to remind couples why they are together in the first place. Sibling relationships benefit too!
The Infographic – 16 Benefits Of Travel
Why do you travel? What do you think are your own benefits of travel? Check out this infographic and see if your reasons are included. Learn other, perhaps surprising benefits that travel can provide you and your family.